Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Postal Service

The first batch of invites for the wedding went out today!! It is an exciting part of the wedding planning process...

These invites went out to the Netherlands, to my future husbands extended family.

It costs $1.18 to send an envelope to the Netherlands... in case you wondered. WOW, and i thought that 44 cents for a stamp was a lot....

I then learned that my invites would cost 62cents to mail in the US.  "HOLD UP!!! what did you say?"(those are my thoughts when listening to the post office lady)... after I punch the lady that sold me these invites and told me it will cost normal 44cent postage... then I will deal with the fact that it costs 18cents more times 150.....  you do the math.

I now have to get creative on my invites, because the reason that it costs more is because the cute ribbon that goes on the invite is causing the letter to be "non machinable"... so of course I can't take the ribbon off! As soon as I figure it out I will share my resolution....

Lesson learned for future brides of the world, postage should be part of your budget planning... I looked at it as an after thought....

Have you been married?? What are some things that you have run into in wedding planning that you did not see coming?

No comments: