Wednesday, June 8, 2011

mexican monday at our house

I made chicken enchiladas and a yummy black bean dip for dinner ! YUMM.... not sure how healthy this was because both use a lot of Sour Cream and Cheese!

The Dip was sent to me by a fellow blog friend and she found it on this blog... The Farmer Family

Ingredients:


3/4 package of taco seasoning
1 can of black beans
8 ounces sour cream
4 ounces of cream cheese
1 lime
1 can of rotel
1/2 bunch or cilantro

Place cream cheese, sour cream, cilantro, taco seasoning, half of the black beans and half of the Rotel in a food processor or blender and pulse a few times. Don't blend too much, you just want to mix all the ingredients while keeping the mixture chunky.After you have mixed it in the food processor transfer the dip into a mixing bowl add the remaining half of black beans, Rotel and fresh squeezed lime juice and mix to incorporate.



The Enchiladas I found here

I used a Rotisserie chicken from the grocey! Best thing ever because it is pre made and delicious! Pull the meat off the bones and shred! Then follow recipe as directed

Top with Salsa and enjoy!



- sorry for lack of photos...-








1 comment:

Jill said...

You must of been feeling the same way as me... I HAD to have mexican yesterday and I got it!

Glad you liked and tried that dip! Still looks so yummy!