Wednesday, June 1, 2011

where did the summer go?

Ahhh…the summer… it used to be my favorite time of year. The memories of laying poolside all day log with friends, sitting outside at night with a cold drink… celebrating my birthday for a whole month….


I have not seen those days in about…. 5 years!

As I go through my planner I cross off the free time one by one… we have a jam packed summer!


June- Family Visits, annual BBQs, long work hours


July- Weddings, work travel, extra long work hours


August- more work travel, more work followed by weddings and an exciting vacation

SIGH…. It is already September in my mind.


With the help of many people in my life I have committed to enjoy the little free time that I have!

I am going to put off painting the house, decorating more rooms, developing new skills…until the Fall!

With that being said… while the big stuff will be on hold I have a list of small tasks I would like to get done… I am going to document it here so that I feel obligated to report back on my progress…



- Bridesmaids shoes for a wedding I am in September 3
-Spend quality time with my husband
- Frame maps for hallway

- Paint the “new” table and chairs I got for the basement

- Plan for my fall projects- Learn more about Europe (for my trip in August)

- Learn more Dutch

- Keep up with my family… via phone and email since I cannot head north this summer

- Get some fabric to frame for living room
- Keep our farmers market garden alive and thriving (show me the money!!)


This is a good start… I will keep you all posted on my progress!





No comments: