Ahhh…the summer… it used to be my favorite time of year. The memories of laying poolside all day log with friends, sitting outside at night with a cold drink… celebrating my birthday for a whole month….
I have not seen those days in about…. 5 years!
As I go through my planner I cross off the free time one by one… we have a jam packed summer!
June- Family Visits, annual BBQs, long work hours
July- Weddings, work travel, extra long work hours
August- more work travel, more work followed by weddings and an exciting vacation
SIGH…. It is already September in my mind.
With the help of many people in my life I have committed to enjoy the little free time that I have!
I am going to put off painting the house, decorating more rooms, developing new skills…until the Fall!
With that being said… while the big stuff will be on hold I have a list of small tasks I would like to get done… I am going to document it here so that I feel obligated to report back on my progress…
- Bridesmaids shoes for a wedding I am in September 3
-Spend quality time with my husband
- Frame maps for hallway
- Paint the “new” table and chairs I got for the basement
- Plan for my fall projects- Learn more about Europe (for my trip in August)
- Learn more Dutch
- Keep up with my family… via phone and email since I cannot head north this summer
- Get some fabric to frame for living room
- Keep our farmers market garden alive and thriving (show me the money!!)
This is a good start… I will keep you all posted on my progress!