Tuesday, October 18, 2011

decisions, desicions

we have lived in our home for 2 years now... I have slowly painted what I can. The time has come to hire some one to do the rest.
While I am shopping for a painter... I am also shopping the paint swatches.

I have finally narrowed it down to the few colors that I will carry through out the house.

From Top Left to bottom Right : Oyster Bay (BM) Smoked Oyster (V) Texas Leather (BM) Sea Salt (SW)

These are a mixture of shades from Benjamin Moore, Sherwin Williams and Valspar. I will have them all mixed in Sherwin Williams paint.

How did I come to this conclusion.... I have sorted through paint swatched for 2 years.. I just forced myself to make a decision and move on.



I knew I wanted a cool color scheme, but still making the rooms feel cozy. I am hating the giant vaulted ceiling we have in our living room ( I guess making it a Great Room)... it is so vast that the room never feels warm and fuzzy. I am hoping that a darker color will help with this...

Please stay tuned as I continue on my "one room at a time" decorating journey. Next up... Paint and the basement project!







1 comment:

Jill said...

Ohhhh, can't wait to see it all come together!!