Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Turkey Day Prep








ok, who am I kidding, I do not have to create any of these looks because I do not host Thanksgiving Dinner. I just get to host family members in our home and then go to my aunts for dinner. All I have to bring is a Pumpkin Roll and Fruit!

I do make a few things for my sister and her family to have for Thanksgiving Day Breakfast! Here is my Thanksgiving Day Breakfast Menu:

Egg & Sausage Strata:
1 pound bulk pork sausage
6 eggs
2 cups milk
1 Green Pepper (chopped)
1/4 cup onion (chopped)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground mustard
6 slices white bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

In a skillet, brown and crumble sausage and set aside. Lay the bread slices on the bottom of a 9x13 inch glass dish.
Whisk eggs, add milk. Add Cheese,Salt,Mustard,Green Pepper,Onion.
Place sausage on top of bread, top with Egg mixture.
Refrigerate overnight.
Take out of fridge 30 minutes before baking. Heat oven to 350 and bake for 40 minutes.

Cinnamon Rolls:
1 tube of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
Place cinnamon rolls in a greased Bundt Pan, layering the rolls 1/2 inch over each other. This will form a nice cinnamon roll cake, just tear apart and serve!


Pinned Image

1 comment:

Jill said...

The hardest part about having a table that looks like that, is making room for the food. It's like you have to have a buffet set up on another table or counter and then have your table look like this. I've tried to dress it up, but it just is worthless.

Those dishes look great! Can I have the left overs? :)