Wednesday, December 14, 2011

christmas decor for less

you know me... always trying to get the look for less. This year I had so many "looks" in mind for my Holiday decor that I just made things up as I went along...

Holiday decorations are one of those things that I just can't bring myself to spend a lot of money on... so here are a few fun things I like to put out that do not cost a lot of moo-lah.


 (sorry for the terrible pic)
-lantern,apothecary and vases filled with ornaments (plastic ball ornaments $9.99 for 50 or more at Wal Mart)
-Wreath with silver poinsettia $7 total!
-Tea Light Holders- 3 for $15 at Bath and Body Works. They reflect Snowflakes on the wall which I love!
-Stockings hung by the chimney with care- $6... well the one on the left is mine from child hood so that is priceless and the one on the right is the burlap one I made.
-Silver Branches- I bought these at TJ Maxx for $10, BUT you could get some branches from outside and spray them silver for way less!
-JOY banner- gifted from my co-worker and friend ABK (thanks Amy 5 years later and I still use it)
-Shredded Sheet Music- Far right vase! $3 for a big bag of shredded music... so cute all year round even!


I am highlighting my fav creation this year... I bought some old light bulbs for $1 at the new goodwill in town and then added it with some gold ornaments I already had... love this!


No comments: