Tuesday, January 28, 2014

staying visible

I recently read this blog post... Being Invisible

I totally get this.... and I want to do everything in my power to make sure that my daughter does not experience this. I want her to see me in her memories, all of me... I want her to know what it is like to miss me, but appreciate that she can be on her own and be ok because of what I taught her...

My grandmother was a mother to me. She is gone and while I am sad and I miss her... I am most upset that I feel like I know nothing about her as a person. She was ALWAYS there for me... she listened  & advised... and I am not sure I ever asked her anything about herself...
I know the idea of her... she was a strong willed woman and worked hard and was a perfectionist... I have many of these traits, but I still feel like I never KNEW her....

Does that make sense....

So, my goal with my daughter is to make her see me... the real me! I want to be her mom, but I also want her to be able to know me for more then that.

I want her to see my face & my smile when she thinks of me...

This is really true for anyone sometimes memories fade and I want to try to be more in the moment so that I can remember things for how they really were....

One of my 2014 goals... live in the moment









1 comment:

HandHmom said...

That article was so sad and true. Live in the moment, it's all we have.