Friday, February 12, 2016

New arrival



On December 29 at 11:37 p.m. We welcomed a baby girl! Magnolia Jane surprised us as we all (dr. included) were convinced that I would have a boy.... We are thrilled to have another girl especially big sister!

Labor and delivery was much smoother then last time... Labored at home for about 8 hours with mild contractions all day, went to 39 week dr. appointment (just like last time) and was almost 6 cm dilated so decided to take our time and then head to the hospital.

It was a busy day at our small town hospital and I made work for them as I decided to not get an epidural upon arrival. More work because they can't monitor me or baby the whole time so the nurse has to check in every 30 minutes... I walked I bounced I changed positions because baby was not dropping into place for exit...

At 8.5 cm the pain took a turn.... I broke down and got the epidural... I thought I could fight through it, nope.... So much respect for women who can go through with no epidural,but I would have never made it....no way

Epidural in (except for one spot on my left hip...ugh) and 1hour later and 5 pushes she was here!

8 lbs. 5 ounces and 20 1/4 inches she was here.... And she was nameless.

All the names on our lists were out... We could not agree. When she came out everyone commented on her "rosy" complexion... So I felt that we should name her Rose.

B had presented the name Magnolia and I was stuck on Rose....apparently my husband the greenhouse expert doesn't like Roses.....what?

After 24 plus hours we agreed that she would be Magnolia Jane (which is a real variety of the flowers)
We will call her Maggie or MJ.

B is now outnumbered by females and also the initials MB

We are truly blessed with a healthy family and are enjoying getting to know sweet Maggie.







No comments: