Thursday, April 29, 2010

I guess I am a keeper...

Last night my future husband asked me a very serious question.... " Do you want to go golfing with me?".

WOW... in 4 years golf has always been a mans sport, his thing... a Guys Day Out...

The thing is... I don't even like golf, or know how to swing a club for that matter. but the fact that he wanted to include me on one of his favorite activities... well I could not pass that up.

So, we ventured to what is the unknown for me. To my surprise... this golf course was the most relaxed place ever... small town golf courses are the way to go. People can golf in jeans ... they sell beer by the can ($1 for a Natty) and we even saw a few people smokin a doobie on the course. This was my kind of sport.... we splurged for the Bud Light cans and I drove the golf cart.

I hit one ball.. .it did not go very far. Mr. B played a great game in my mind, but he kept assuring me that he was much better then what I was seeing... as if i know the difference.














Our cart...




I was the tee-picker.... or something like that....



There were random pieces of rusty old equipment...
interesting































All in all I did learn somethings about golf etiquette. I know what a Birdie is, I know what a Lag is, those are good "Nice Lag" ...I learned to be quiet when people are still teeing off at the hole you are waiting on... still don't quite understand the handicap. I learned that it is ok for men to pee in the woods at the golf course.
I would not choose golf as a hobby, but hanging out with with someone you love doing what they love is fun :)

No comments: