Friday, April 30, 2010

What a morning

I woke up at 5a.m. to texts from my sister ( back story... she is pregnant and 12 days over due)....
Midnight text: At the Hospital
3am text: Water broke
5am text: still in pain no baby
6am text: no baby more pain... too late for drugs... all natural
730am text: Dr. says long day ahead... still no baby

WOW... this is a long time to be in labor. I am leaving in a few hours to visit and spend the weekend. We do not know the sex of the baby and I am so excited for the big surprise...

I know nothing about child birth ( i have no kids) but after this morning and hearing all these stories... I am pretty sure that I am not cut out for real live child birth.... 8 hours in the hospital and still NO baby???

Props to my sister for taking it with no pain killers.... I will share more about the baby as soon as he/she arrives :)
but for now we just wait....

No comments: