Saturday, September 11, 2010

Disappointed...

For those of you that know me, you know that I am not strongly religious or patriotic. I do not preach politics. However, as all of us know (or so I would assume) today is a day of remembrance. September 11, 2001 was a big day for America.

My disappointment comes today because I woke to the local news, not talking about 9/11, but talking about Ohio State Football. yes, fine I get it, the Buckeyes are a big deal in Ohio... especially Central Ohio, where we live, but for one day, could we talk about something more important then the color of sweater vest that Jim Tressel would wear to the game and focus on those that lost lives 9 years ago.

My disappointment grew when I realized that we still did not post our flag holder on the house... so we could not put up our American Flag. My disappointment grew stronger as I drove through town realizing that 90% of those that had flag holders, hung Ohio State Buckeye Flags..... really? On this patriotic day... you chose Buckeyes over USA?
One house even had 2 Ohio State flags... really?

Now, as much as I am not Patriotic I am not a Buckeye fan, so maybe this is just my early season outrage coming through, but in all honesty, I would just expect more from our community on a special American day like today.

SO, since I can't put my own flag outside, I will post one here and take a moment of silence for those that lost their lives in the September 11 terrorist attack in 2001.













1 comment:

Jill said...

You know, I have to say that if it weren't for my husband reminding me and my friend posting things on facebook about it, I would've forgotten. That sounds so awful, but you are right on point with what you were saying. OSU football consumes our city and while I do appreciate it on most Saturday's, this one was one that could've used a little more of a filter on how much they talked about it and in turn avoided a bigger day for all of us...

So frustrating!