Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sew what...?

I recently decided that one of my 2011 goals will be to learn how to sew. I would especially like to learn how to sew pillows.
I have a friend that makes amazing and creative pillows, so I can always place orders with her... however, it would be nice to be able to whip up my own pillows.

If you have not noticed, recent trends are showing pillows with vintage inspired covers, you can buy these vintage cloths at most antique stores, flea markets, garage sales etc... now wouldn't it be great to know how to create your own pillow cover rather then pay Pottery Barn $$$....

Here is a sample
Olive Branch Patch Pillow Cover



















I will learn how to create styles like this

2 comments:

abkdesign said...

lets take a class at sew to speak!!

Jill said...

Ask for a sewing machine for Christmas and then we can learn together. I mean, I get the basics but need to know more! I'm sure the pillow option will be easy, just have to be aware of the quality of the fabric! :)