I found this recipe in the Woman’s Day Magazine. I knew that it would be a hit in our house because I love tomatoes and onion and B loves bacon and noodles! Win…win…
• 12 oz small rigatoni or other short pasta
• 1/2 lb sliced bacon (about 9 slices)
• 1 medium red onion, sliced
• 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 bunch arugula, thick stems discarded, torn into pieces
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and return it to the pot.
2. Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes; transfer to a paper towel–lined plate. Break into pieces.
3. Discard all but 2 Tbsp of the drippings and return the skillet to medium heat. Add the onion, season with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the tomatoes and arugula and cook, tossing, for 1 minute.
4. Toss the onion-tomato mixture with the pasta and fold in the bacon. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare the recipe without the bacon (substitute 2 Tbsp oil for the drippings) and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Before serving, bring the pasta to room temperature. Cook the bacon, break into pieces and fold it into the pasta.
I added Goat Cheese and it was DELICIOUS