Monday, March 26, 2012

sewing fabric banners

All it takes is a coupon to Jo-Anns and a basketball game I could care less about to get me sewing!

I have been wanting to make one of these fabric banners for awhile now...

Not bad for my first time...

Ok, so here is the low down on how to make this

- I bought fat quarters of fabric from Jo-Anns for $1.50 a piece, one quarter made 2 flags
- I measured the flag size on paper first and then used that as my pattern (flag size based on preference)
- Sew about 1/2 inch in all the way around the flag.... this is the boring part
- attach each flag to the bias tape (or binding) and pin and sew

now... this was just my first one. I plan to add some flare to the next one, like ric-rak or buttons or something fun!

Thanks to my friend Jill for keeping me safe from stabbing myself with pins and attempting to keep the perfection when I get lazy...



2 comments:

abkdesign said...

love it!! nice work!

Jill said...

That looks great and I love the window instead of your mirror! Nice work!