Wednesday, June 6, 2012

story time



Last book update was on MWF Seeking BFF… from there I moved on to Fifty Shades of Grey… this was not planned, but a co-worker lent it to me and I wanted to know what all the hype was about…

Fifty Shades of Grey: for those of you who are twi-hard Twilight Series fans, you will appreciate the connection I am about to make. This book is the version of Twilight that every adult secretly wanted… and then some. It is for sure XXX rated.
It is the shy, attractive but doesn’t know it girl meets mysterious wealthy man of power. He says to stay away and she can’t… sound familiar Twilight fans? The sexual tension the builds in Twilight that never comes to a close until the final book when she gets knocked up… well that tension builds and releases throughout all of Shades of Grey…
I am not a prude, but this book was too much for me. I had to skip a few chapters because I was afraid to read what would happen next.
I am interested to find out what happens next, there are 2 more books, but I am not sure that I need to read any more tales of being tied up and whipped… yep that is the basic premise of the book.

After that I tried to get through Extremely Loud, Incredibly Close. I ended up skipping to the end just to find out what happens because I could not follow the dialogue in this book. It is written from the perspective of a nine year old boy. It has great potential as it shares the story of a family after they lose someone in the 911 terrorist attack. I wanted to get through the book so that I could see the movie, so now that movie is next on my list.


Up next on the reading list is The Lucky One. Stay tuned for this review.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went to the library last night to pick up my latest book. I'm reading I Got This by Jennifer Hudson. I'm on page 60 and it's an easy read. Enjoy the Lucky One. We'll have to watch the movie when it comes out!!
Marjolein