Friday, June 8, 2012

kitchen is for cooking

I never thought of the kitchen as the focal point of the house... the kitchen is for cooking, right?
Well, I have realized that no matter how hard I try to avoid it... people always want to hang out in the kitchen.


For now, it is set up for just me and my hubs to cook and eat meals.

Here is our little eating nook. (Before and After)



Here is the chalkboard wall that I love


the mail sorting counter

















Here is the view from the kitchen sink



View sitting at the bar top counter





Favorite little touches...





















Almost all of these little items in the kitchen are from The Netherlands, given to me by my in-laws or found along my many treasure hunts.

Thanks again to Kellys Korner for this Link Up. Thanks to new readers!



1 comment:

Jill said...

Your eating area has really transformed and looks great!

I also like the special touches from Netherlands! Makes it more unique and fun!

Great work!