Monday, August 12, 2013

the first month

It is hard to believe that we are 6 weeks into parenthood already!

The first month was a whirl wind to say the least.... wow how did I get out of that sane?

In reality I think we have an easy baby! She is routine and predictable for the most part, so when she's off then we know somethings up... which is frustrating because those are the times that we have NO clue how to soothe her!


The first two weeks are honestly a blur. I was miserable and cried everyday for some reason. Sometimes I knew why, sometimes I did not. I was afraid to leave the house. I hated breastfeeding and felt guilty about that. I despised my husband. I needed help, but was afraid to ask for it... I was happy, overwhelmed and just scared out of my mind that this baby was all ours and her care was up to us!

I survived! I set small goals for myself... make it to 2 weeks... that came and went, so I said just make it to 4 weeks... etc...

Marra started sleeping 5 hours straight at night. The first time that happened I freaked out! something is wrong!! So I started waking her  up to eat. Well, thank God that the pediatrician said- let her sleep!!! AMEN! So, around 2-3 weeks we were sleeping 5-7 hours straight at night. at then there was peace in our house! Momma was getting sleep and she was slowly starting to feel human again!

Breastfeeding was a struggle. From day 3 she was jaundice and I had to feed her every 2 hours on the dot and then pump right after. Needless to say I was a milk machine... I felt like my future was over, I was going to sit and feed a baby for the rest of my life (drama queen)....
It got easier... now it is just part of my day and I enjoy that time we have together. She is a great little eater. She eats every 2-3 hours now, even closer to 3 hours lately. Again small goals got me through and as I approach going back to work, I just have to continue to set goals that work for me!

6-10pm is her fussiest time. She easts more during these times and cries because she is tired.... but then by 10:30 she is asleep for the night... again who can complain about that?

Our first month was not easy, but we made it through and we are still loving this sweet girl.

 Here I am in my feeding position.... I spent A LOT of time in this chair the first 2 weeks....
 Marra had lots of visitors, cousins, aunts grandparents!









No comments: