Thursday, May 26, 2016

milk maid status

I thought going into baby #2 that breastfeeding would be a piece of cake.. well... I was wrong.
The first month was awful- cringing, foot pounding, holding my breath every single time she would latch on.
She latched wrong from day one, but this little lady had a piranha suck so lets just say it was a miserable introduction to each other.

The one thing that stood true for both experiences, I was committed to making it work! I talked to people I got help and thank god I had support! I made it through.

We are almost 5 months in now and I am thankful!

MJ is 14 lbs and 25 1/4 inches. She is just so petite compared to Marra. It matches her little personality which is pure joy!

Breastfeeding a second child is also not as relaxing as the first time around.



I have learned that I need to make sure that Marra has everything she needs before I sit down to nurse.... of course that never goes as planned.

In the end, it is all worth it.



No comments: