Monday, December 20, 2010

Musical Monday

It is pretty typical that every week I have a new favorite song. In college, in the dorms, I used to have a song of the day... it was a fun way to bond with my roomies.

Now, I find myself singing loudly in the car.... alone.

I thought it would be fun to start a post featuring my fav tunes for that week...

Last night I was reminded how much I love the song we chose for our first dance at the wedding. You know it is a good pick when you could listen to it over and over and it never gets old...

click on the song title to hear a preview.

The song is: The Best Thing by Ray LaMontagne

This was the perfect wedding song for us. We didn't have "a song" so when we found this and both could not stop singing it... we knew.
We had to practice dancing, because it was a little fast. In the end we had a lot of fun dancing...
Here are some of my other favorites by Ray:

Hold you in my arms (another GREAT wedding song)
Trouble
To Love Somebody (Cover with Damien Rice)
www.raylamontagne.com





1 comment:

Jill said...

I forgot how perfect your wedding song was... so special and such a great song! Wow!

Those others are perfect too! Love the duet with Damien Rice! Man do I love him! Saw him at the LC a few years ago... one of the best concerts I've been to in YEARS!