Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco de whatever

Happy Cinco De Mayo friends! There was a time when this was a big event for me... no other reason besides I like an excuse to eat Mexican food and drink margaritas! (ok, lets have a moment of silence for the Mexican Revolution and Battle of Puebla...)













A few years back my co-worker and I went to a Mexican restaurant for lunch on Cinco de Mayo... we had so much fun that we decided to go on the fifth of every month... Cinco de whatever... that co-worker has since moved on and now, Cinco de Whatever has faded away....
This reminds me of a pattern I see a lot....

I often find myself planning monthly gatherings... I used to plan monthly Happy Hours, but the attendance started to dwindle as friends got pregnant... I then had a monthly neighborhood get together which turned into a monthly Dinner club... but that attendance may fade as well as the summer arrives...
I am now part of a monthly craft club.... oh and remember my monthly blog club (where are you blog club)... I am a member of the local Young Professionals Executive Committee, we meet once a month and host monthly events....














I love to have things pre arranged and scheduled for each month, it gives you something to look forward to, but when is it too much??

Do you have any monthly events that you take part in? If you do, how long have you done it... do your monthly traditions fade as well.....






No comments: