Wednesday, May 23, 2012

3 years of waiting...

my yellow peony has finally bloomed!!!!

When we moved in to our house 3 years ago we planted a few staple items, boxwoods, Japanese Maple and a yellow Peony.

I had no idea that it would take 3 years for that yellow flower to come to life... it would come up with green foliage and no buds... then this year spring came and BAM... 10 or more buds ready to bloom!!!

I am SO happy!

 I cut them and added them to some lillies that my super nice husband brought home...
Here is the shrub ready to start blooming more blooms!!


3 comments:

Jill said...

Yeah! Glad it finally showed up! :)

abkdesign said...

I love peonies!! Never seen yellow before- fun color!

Mr. Kilner said...

I agree with you Asiatic Peonies are one of the most incredible flowers going. I have a pink one, a red one and a white one. I think I like the pink one the best. I have wanted to buy a yellow but I just don't have a good space to plant another one.