Wednesday, September 12, 2012

good morning smoothie

For two weeks I have been drinking smoothies for breakfast. It has been something I look forward to each morning. They are quick and easy, fill me up and are most importantly delicious!

Most of the recipes I have found on Pinterest, but some I have just made up based on the fruit available to me at home.

Here are a couple of my favorites so far:

Lauren Conrad's "7 Days to skinny Jeans" ... Oatmeal Smoothies Ingredients: 1 cup ice. 1/2 cup frozen raspberries or strawberries. 1/2 cup plain lowfat yogurt. 1 banana. 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats. 1 tablespoon honey. 1 cup coconut water (or other liquid, such as juice).

Lauren Conrad's "7 Days to skinny Jeans" ... Oatmeal Smoothies Ingredients: 1 cup ice. 1/2 cup frozen raspberries or strawberries. 1/2 cup plain lowfat yogurt. 1 banana. 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats. 1 tablespoon honey. 1 cup coconut water (or other liquid, such as juice).

breakfast smoothie: bananas,oatmeal, peanut butter, milk.

Breakfast smoothie: bananas, old-fashioned rolled oats, peanut butter, milk

These 2 recipes sparked my brain to use similar ingredients, but mix and match it. 
Today I had, 1 Banana, 1 Peach, 1/2 cup plain yogurt and Ice... it was delicious!

I think the key is the yogurt or banana, They really help to make you feel full. I also buy frozen fruit at the store, it helps make a extra cold smoothie!

Next I am going to try to add veggies in to the mix....

I am excited for this one:

The recipe is two handfuls of baby spinach, 1 cup of chunk pineapple, 2 bananas, 1 cup of yogurt and 1 cup of water.


Do you have any smoothie favorites??? 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

1 cup frozen peaches, 1 cup frozen mango, 1 banana, handful of spinach and water...so good!