Monday, April 22, 2013

baby bump update- 30 weeks



30 weeks....and counting. 10 more weeks to go!


baby stats- at this time our baby weighs around 3 pounds and is 15 1/2  inches long. Buddy loves to "dance" after meals and especially at night when I lay on the couch or in bed. B reads some to the baby, we like to think that his voice causes a reaction... coincidence maybe, but we like to think Buddy just knows his dads voice... and is just glad to hear someone besides me talk for once!

my stats- well... the weight gain has caught up with me. I would say I am at about a pound a week... I feel larger then life. I have for sure grown all over, but for the most part it is all baby... except for my face. All my life if I gained weight it showed first in my face... so I guess that is to be expected. Pudgy cheeks and all I still manage to get dressed everyday and remind myself... You are Pregnant! It is harder to get around these days as well... If I walk to fast, I get a cramp... I stand to fast I get a pain... the baby lays on my bladder, so I limp around hoping to not pee myself.... just 2 more months of this :)

I have enjoyed being pregnant. Really... aside from a few complaints here and there, I like it. The one thing that I could do with out.... other people!! Other people and the comments that come out of their mouth! SERIOUSLY... what planet did it ever become ok to have an opinion about a pregnant lady? Just today, on my way back to my desk at work, I run into a lady I haven't seen in months, she says "wow you are really far along" I say "yes, I have 2 months to go" her response.... "OH you are gonna have a BIG baby".... seriously? I mean, I get it sometimes I look way pregnant depending on what I wear (do not get me started on these maternity tent dresses they sell)... but I don't care if I look like I gained 300 lbs, you should not say things like that to a pregnant person! ESPECIALLY if you are a man.

On a positive note, I had a great visit with a friend last weekend. She is newly engaged and in wedding planning mode, so it was fun to catch up and talk about wedding stuff! I have 2 baby showers coming up May 5 and May 19, I am very excited to get together with friends and family and celebrate this new baby!!

The warm spring weather has been great, hard on the swollen ankles, but nice to get outside!





No comments: