Tuesday, September 24, 2013

me

Since the minute I found out I was pregnant and started to share it with others... it was all about me. Then the baby was born and it was all about her. That makes sense right.... well what no one tells the mother is how much support she will need once the baby arrives.

Giving birth is the most amazing, traumatic, painful, blissful, wonderful experience.... I can remember being alone for the first time in the delivery room just crying for no reason!  I was happy and overwhelmed all at the same time... people looked at me like- why are you crying?!- there was a lot of random crying the first month.

I am doing well now- overwhelmed and a control freak, but you know that's not much different then the pre-baby me... I need to work on some things
- letting others help
- being nice to my husband and realizing that he is just trying to help- the best he can
- allow time for myself- with out the baby
- spend more time- just adults- and not talk about the baby the whole time

All my focus and energy is on being a mom- I need to work on just being me ....




1 comment:

Jill said...

This is a hard one to achieve while you have a baby attached to your boob.

I'm not going to lie. I love nursing and I'm fortunate to have it work for me... however, it's a terrible mind game! You want to do things for yourself and you know you could just have someone else feed them, but then you have to pump and then you might have to get up in the middle of the night and you don't want to give your baby alcohol milk... you know... it just starts to spiral.

Anyway, these are great goals and I hope you achieve them so you can tell me how to do it. :)