Thursday, May 5, 2016

Tropical Feel outside the Tropics

Living in Ohio, we are far from the tropical paradise we day dream about. I tend to lean toward a coastal style in my home!

My palette tends to be in the neutrals, blues and grays. When I need a pop of color, I go with Navy or Green.

Working on my screen porch project I envision a cozy place to relax with a book or a cocktail. I was thinking of sticking with my old stand by- white and blue, but now I am wondering if I need to mix in some greens...

Here are some of the prints that are inspiring me:




Years ago I made these framed palm leaves for my 1/2 bath room. When we moved I never put them up again... These might find a home in the sun porch!

Palm and Banana leaves are on trend right now. Check out more inspiration from Laurel & Wolf . 
you can be inspired to go full print or just add pops of green like I plan to. Either way it is a classic yet bold way to decorate a space! 





*Salutations was not compensated in any way for this post referencing Laurel & Wolf




No comments: